Sunday, September 9, 2007

Washing dishes...



Hi everybody! Yesterday my dad caught a mouse in my closet. And as you know yesterday was Sunday and the service was two hours long. As you can see in the pictures, I am washing the dishes. It is really fun. I was so excited to come to Africa because we would have no dishwasher. And do you know what is really annoying, is brushing your teeth. You can't get put water from the faucet on your toothbrush and you can't drink water out of the faucet, either. You have to boil your water and put it through a filter. But we are thankful we have water and after all the filtering, it is the best water I have ever tasted. Today I am going to start school. Last night when I was jumping on the trampoline with Ireen, I saw a rat or a mouse crawling up the wall. Have a great day and thanks so much for alllllll the comments. I love waking up and reading them.

3 comments:

Kristi Knifong said...

Hello girls, this is Mrs. Knifong. I just wanted you to know how proud I am of you for being so brave with all the creepy-crawlys and for helping your family with the dishes! You are on your way to becoming virtuous women, as well as experts about Africa! Did you know you really started school the day you got off the plane? Haven't you learned so much already?! Keep up the good work and the blogging!
We think about you lots!
Love,
Mrs. Knifong

megan nicole gibbs said...

kamryn...you like doing the dishes? well, i wish you were here to do the dishes for me and aaron because we don't enjoy it as much as you :) we don't have a dishwasher either. i love reading your family's blog as well as yours. hope that your first day of school went well :)
love, megan

Anonymous said...

To bad you get a pet rat!

Danielle