Monday, July 20, 2009

Headgear!?!

From KAMRYN

From KAMRYN

Hi! Beautiful day, isn't it! (I pretending to sound cheerful) As you all know,I have braces. I have had an expander. Now we are going to play a guessing game of what I have in my mouth now. I am going to give you five clues. #1:It is very uncomfortable. #2:It is very ugly. #3:You have to use rubber bands to secure it. #4: It makes you talk weird. #5:You can wear it. Now think. Can you guess what it is? Did you guess: A rubber band secured uncomfortable mouth guard? Answer:WRONG! Did you guess: Uncomfortable ugly rubber band makeyoutalkweird high heels? Answer:WRONG!(Those are SO out of fashion) Did you guess: VERY ugly uncomfortable reverse headgear? Answer: CORRECT! To those of you who guessed right: CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WON! To those of you who guessed wrong: CONGRATULATIONS! YOU LOST! To those of you who have not had headgear: Headgear is ugly, uncomfortable, and it HURTS! To those who have had headgear: You know what I am going through. Please pray for me.
Every one have nice day! (I am pretending to sound cheerful again)
Goodbye Today and Hello tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you! I had headgear at your age and now I am 65 years old! I am soooo thankful my parents took care of my teeth! As uncomfortable as it is, you too will be glad! We love your family and admire your fortitude with the headgear!
Jerry & Kathi Teel

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Hi Kamryn,

If it's any encouragement, Wyatt and Tate BOTH have headgear. They don't like it very much either.

Wyatt tries to avoid wearing his. Sometimes he pretends he can't find it. When he does that I tell Tate and Gunnar that Wyatt owes a quarter to the first boy who finds the headgear!

Tate wears his faithfully - even more than the orthodontist "requires". He wants to get it OVER WITH.

But guess what? We got a trampoline! So they have to take their headgear off to bounce on the trampoline.

Do you?

Hang in there,

Julie and the Garretts

Chloe Cairns said...

Dear Kamryn-

Does it really hurt that bad? Well I just lightly sprained my ankle. But I am OK. I miss you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!! How are you? I am getting my room painted.What is your favorite animal ? I like horses.Well I got to go. Love, chloe

Rowe House said...

Hey Kamryn! I don't have headgear but I can feel your pain! My friend Noelle just got spacers and well they would always fall out so her dad would always have to jam them back into between her teeth. And now she has braces to go with them and the pain. Well hope you get use to them!

-Madeline Rowe

Anonymous said...

Hi Kam,
I have to get headgear too, so we're in the same boat!!!!!
-Danielle T.