Thursday, September 6, 2007

I made it to Africa!!!







Hi Everybody! I haven't written in a long time and I woke up early this morning so Dad and I are out here in the living room at 6:30 am to write in my blog. My dad's computer says 9:37 pm so I know that most of you are getting ready to go to bed. The pictures above are of our dog, Zorro. He is a great dog! We have a fun swing that I love swinging on. The trampoline is the best! I have been practicing a lot on the trampoline and I can do a flip on to my bottom. We have banana trees in our back yard. We just found out we have a rat in our house, a wall spider and couple of mice in our house. I saw the rat the first morning I was here while watching TV. It freaked me out! I yelled for Daddy and he saw the rat run up the chimney later that night. I have already seen a bitting lizard and lot of geckos... (Vote on our latest poll!) One of our missionary friends has adopted an african girl. Her name is Ireen and she talks in english. I like her a lot. When I got here I made friends with a girl named Kelly but she left to go home for furlough. I look forward to seeing her again in 4 months. I have been her for four days. All of my sisters and my mom are still sleeping. We went shopping yesterday and got groceries. It is really hot here. We have Bellingham weather and Lusaka weather on our google page. They are both sunny but Lusaka is 89 and Bellingham is 60. Well, I miss you all. I will write soon! Please vote for the poll!!!!!

9 comments:

aaron j gibbs said...

kamryn! what did you first think when you saw the tramp on the ground like that??? the only place i have ever seen one like that is in europe. i walked on it and it freaked me out because i did not know that was how it was suppose to be :) i guess it is a lot more common than i thought... make sure to protect your daddy from the lizzards :)

buh bye

Unknown said...

Kamryn,

That is so cool that you have your very own banana tree in your back yard. That is one of your daddy's favorite fruits! ...and God gave you a tree full of them. God must love you a whole bunch! We pray for your family every day! We didn't know you were getting a dog. Zorro - what kind of dog is he?
What is is like to sleep with a bug net over your bed?

Kristi Knifong said...

Hi Kamryn, this is Jaime Lyn and Brie Ella! We can't believe your there!! We really like reading about your adventures in Zambia. That is so cool, you can pick a banana from your own tree! We voted against spiders, but rats would be a close second. We have had mice in our house, but they aren't as creepy! Keep updating your blog so we don't miss a thing! What was the market like? What do you watch on TV? We hope you think of us when you jump on your trampoline!!
Miss you lots! Jaime Lyn and Brie Ella

Sophia said...

HI Kamryn! It is Sophia. I love all your pictures and writing about Africa. That rat looked gross. Your new house looks fun and you have fun friends too. I miss you a lot. Say hi to your family. I dont like spiders so that is what I voted for. Have a good day. WE pray for your family every day.

megan nicole gibbs said...

hi kamryn! hope you and your sisters are doing well over there in africa. hopefully aaron and i will come and visit someday :) i love africa. I voted that i would be most scared of the spiders....I HATE spiders. I love reading your blog and hope that you keep on posting and putting up new polls. say hi to your family for me! we'll be praying for you :)

Anonymous said...

Hi kamryn Anne,

Bumpa here! I really like your Blog,especially with the pictures of all the scary animals and critters that live in Zambia. I voted for the snake, but it looks like spiders are winning in your survey.

Boggie and I are at the beach and it is a beautiful day. Your Island is out right now, with Mr Long legs (Blue Heron) fishing just offshore. I have not seen White Top for a few days, but Freddie and his friends have been by to drink out of the bird bath.

Your new dog Zorro looks like a good pup. Have you been throwing a ball for him to chase? Does he like to run around and play with you and your sisters?

In two days Boggie and I are going to take a boat trip up into the San Juan Islands. We will leave the boat in Marina's and stay in motels on shore. As you know, our boat only has room for little girls up in the front.

Mommy tells me that you will start school tomorrow. Are you excited to start learning more new things? I am sure just being in Zambia has more than enough new things to learn about to fill up your brain. I hope Bradyn doesn't ever loose her mind again, otherwise she will miss out on learning about all the new things.

Mommy also tells us that you have a classroom for school in your house. Are you going to decorate it with beautiful pictures that you and your sisters draw?

Bumpa needs to get to work and so I will say I will say "see you later alligator".

I Love you,

Bumpa

.:LadyUnlucky:. said...

Hey Kam!!!!

I hope you guys are doing great. I love your dog, he's so cute!!!!

I really miss you guys, keep up the good blog work!!!! ;)

Love you!!!!
Andra Kent

Roger said...

Good Morning Kamryn,

Parker wants to move to Africa after looking at pictures on your blog....here is why..."so we don't have to go shopping for bananas". We loved looking at your blog.

Love, Sheri & Parker

Anonymous said...

where is the 100 degree weather?
danielle