Monday, January 4, 2010

4 pictures for you

HELLO! I am so sorry I have not wrote in a long time!! Whenever I want to,
the internet isn't working, the power is out, or Dad or Mom is on the
computer. One of my New Year's resolutions is blogging 3 times a week or
more!
If you are wondering what these pictures are of, I will tell you.
So, Sunday morning, at about 8:45, we heard some knocking at our gate.
Bradyn went out to answer it, and there were 5 kids asking to pick some
fruit/berries, called Msukai, from our tree. After asking dad, he came to
the gate and let them in. Mom was a bit nervous that we let them climb it,
cuz it was a 40 foot high tree! One time, I looked up, and about 40 feet
above me, there was this teenager sitting on a branch about as big as you
ankle! When I saw that, closed my eyes and prayed a silent prayer!!
Thankfully, all they left with was barrels of berries!!! Thank God for
that!!!! All of us felt good about blessing those people! Unfortunately,
they didn't know English very well, so it was hard to communicate.
Today we started school again, after a whole month off. I think I
like Having August, April, And December off instead of having June, July and
August off. Then You don't forget things!
Well, I hope you liked my update!
Alive in Africa,
Kamryn

2 comments:

Deanna Gemmer said...

I'm so glad you'll be blogging more. Certainly a worthy goal. And I loved this story!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Great pictures and story, Kamryn!

So have you tried the berries? Do people eat them raw or do they have to be prepared in some way?

Julie